Tuesday, September 13, 2011

it's a small world

(Mundo Pequeno, Gouache)

I'm so thrilled to be participating in the "It's a Small World" tribute show at Nucleus. I managed to squeeze in some painting time between newborn diaper changes, my two year old's toothaches and illustrating a 24 page children's book. It wasn't easy, but I just couldn't miss the chance to pay tribute to my favorite Disneyland attraction and one of my favorite artists, Mary Blair.

Here's more info about the show from the gallery:

"Timed with the release of illustrator Joey Chou's latest children's book from Disney Press, a select group of talent will contribute work paying homage to this beloved and enduring theme of global peace. The book features Chou's illustrations interpreting the Sherman Brothers classic song written for the popular Disney park attraction.

This is an all-ages event. Exhibiting artists in attendance including Joey Chou who will be on hand signing copies of the new release. "

It's a Small World
September 17, 2011 - October 3, 2011
Opening Reception September 17, 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm

A big thank you to Joey Chou for having me in the show. Please be sure to check out his work and his beautiful new book!

3 comments:

Drake Brodahl (pumml) said...

Super cute, Erin! Wish I could be there to hang with you guys.

Eren said...

Thanks Drake! It won't be the same without you. I can't wait to see your painting in person!!

boy said...

This is my blog. Click here.
openergroup"
kopithecat25"